Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shadow bans?
Anyone have any knowledge on these shadow bans? I have two lvl 30s that I think survived the ban waves. I've been using one account on my phone (the better of the two) and I can't tell if its been shadow banned or not. I stopped botting the two accounts once the warning was on it.  Was out and about the other night and was actually able to see a sudo on my radar. Couldn't find it to catch it but At least it does show up instead of garbage pokemon. Can anyone shed some light?
Yea, we know quite a bit about it but we still don't know everything, shodowbanning usually coincides with warning but not always, we don't know exactly what tips the flags but pretty much every botted account will eventually until it's all figured out, not all warned accounts are shadowbanned and not all shadowbanned accounts are warned! There has been some info coming in that shadowbans have been lifted once warning go away but it's really a little too early to tell. I do know however that if an account is shadowbanned you can still catch uncommons and rares on a pogo plus I've tried it and it does work.

Also the new report is that this is replacing bans, they won't be banning accounts anymore just shadowbanning, but not sure how much truth there is to that. Looks to me that it's just another kind of softban that lasts longer
(05-26-2017, 04:31 PM)timfrei23 Wrote: Yea, we know quite a bit about it but we still don't know everything, shodowbanning usually coincides with warning but not always, we don't know exactly what tips the flags but pretty much every botted account will eventually until it's all figured out, not all warned accounts are shadowbanned and not all shadowbanned accounts are warned! There has been some info coming in that shadowbans have been lifted once warning go away but it's really a little too early to tell. I do know however that if an account is shadowbanned you can still catch uncommons and rares on a pogo plus I've tried it and it does work.

Also the new report is that this is replacing bans, they won't be banning accounts anymore just shadowbanning, but not sure how much truth there is to that. Looks to me that it's just another kind of softban that lasts longer

How do you tell if your account is shadow banned tho?  I was in NY and my buddy with a legit account saw everything I saw. Caught a pinsir yesterday if that is considered to be rare idk lol
@partysti If you don't know that a pinsir is rare or not, I would'nt care if you're shadowbanned or not.
(05-28-2017, 04:53 PM)broman Wrote: @partysti If you don't know that a pinsir is rare or not, I would'nt care if you're shadowbanned or not.

Its just a question. I don't know what is considered rare or not. Just trying to figure out if I'm good or not. No need to try and bash me or anything. Just asking for info on the situation thats all. If you don't have anything to contribute to the thread then with all do respect dont comment on it.
(05-30-2017, 04:24 AM)partysti Wrote:
(05-28-2017, 04:53 PM)broman Wrote: @partysti If you don't know that a pinsir is rare or not, I would'nt care if you're shadowbanned or not.

Its just a question. I don't know what is considered rare or not. Just trying to figure out if I'm good or not. No need to try and bash me or anything. Just asking for info on the situation thats all. If you don't have anything to contribute to the thread then with all do respect dont comment on it.

Can be seen by banned accounts:
Pidgey, Rattata, Ekans, Sandshrew, Nidoran, Zubat, Oddish, Paras, Meowth, Psyduck, Poliwag, Bellsprout, Tentacool, Geodude, Magnemite, Krabby, Goldeen, Staryu, Magikarp, Sentret, Ledyba, Spinarak, Natu, Marill, Hoppip, Sunkern, Wooper, Murkrow, Snubbull, Slugma
Cannot be seen by banned accounts:
Evolved Pokemon, Starters, Caterpie, Weedle, Spearow, Clefairy, Vulpix, Jigglypuff, Venonat, Mankey, Growlithe, Abra, Slowpoke, Gastly, Onix, Drowzee, Voltorb, Koffing, Chansey, Tangela, Horsea, Scyther, Lapras, Eevee, Porygon, Omanyte, Kabuto, Aerodactyl, Snorlax, Dratini, Hoothoot, Chinchou, Mareep, Sudowoodo, Aipom, Unown, Girafarig, Shuckle, Sneasel, Teddiursa, Remoraid, Stantler, Larvitar
Unsure (probably cannot be seen):
Regionals, Diglett, Doduo, Seel, Grimer, Shellder, Exeggcute, Cubone, Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Lickitung, Jynx, Electabuzz, Magmar, Pinsir, Yanma, Wobbuffet, Pineco, Dunsparce, Swinub, Mantine, Skarmory, Houndour, Phanpy, Hitmontop, Miltank
Unsure (conflicting reports):
Ponyta, Rhyhorn
(05-30-2017, 04:24 AM)partysti Wrote:

If you don't make a effort to read the forum OR use google, but instead take the easy way out ...

And with respect, I do give good advice and contribute to the forum.
YOU on the other hand ZERO, Nothing my friend.
I'm no longer shadowbanned!!!!
So how long was it shadowbanned?
Did you not use them for some time or did it just happen?
or did you play on them on a real smartphone for awhile?
9 days, it still has bot warning though, I only popped on once a day to collect and keep streak going