Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Since API pretends to be IOS only now, made the bot ignore all old non-IOS"
"Since API pretends to be IOS only now, made the bot ignore all old non-IOS device configurations."

So.. I have a Samsung J7...

And now? Leave a blank shields?
Wondering the same. Is Android config not supported for now? Can we use previous versions where android was available?
I need to know this too...!

I left it "blank" for now since I have an Samsung S4 Android phone.

Please answer this mr. Ninja...do we "emulate" an IPhone or do we need to keep it "blank" for now?
I have a Galaxy J3 and I always set Samsung S4.
Now that only iOS are available, what's the difference? I mean, if I bot emulating an iOS device, what can happen? Niantic servers recognize the difference between emulated device and legit phone (Android) and I risk a ban?
(11-08-2016, 06:15 PM)John D. Cort Wrote: I have a Galaxy J3 and I always set Samsung S4.
Now that only iOS are available, what's the difference? I mean, if I bot emulating an iOS device, what can happen? Niantic servers recognize the difference between emulated device and legit phone (Android) and I risk a ban?

This is what we want to know.

While this does not resolve, I'll be using version 61
mr. Ninja...please give us soon more info in what android phone users should do now.
(11-08-2016, 07:17 PM)JackalZ Wrote:
(11-08-2016, 06:15 PM)John D. Cort Wrote: I have a Galaxy J3 and I always set Samsung S4.

This is what we want to know.

While this does not resolve, I'll be using version 61
I used v61 yesterday and worked flawlessy, but since "the bot ignores all old non-iOS device configurations" I don't know if it's safe. I wouldn't get a ban. IMAO, it's better to wait for some news about the device config from MrNinja.  Wink
Yea, some reasoning behind the iOS only switch would be great as many of us have been using very specific and accurate information from our androids to avoid detection. The only thing I can think of is that it interacts different with iOs and the code is working better for it somehow if it believes its an iphone. *shrugs*, hoping 61 dosent get me banned =[
V62 removed andsoid device info and only allows ios (Defaults to ios even if you do not choose anything).
Current API cracked using a jailbroken iPhone 5. Unfortunately, this crack is 'ugly' and can be readily patched by Niantic. So, current bot will run and pretend to be a iPhone. It matters little which device you actually have at home. Your account can be loaded on any device, be it iPhone and Android.

If you are using this bot, you are essentially running your account on an iPhone

This is perfectly safe, as I transfer my main account from device to device (Androids and iOS), and have not encountered any problems for the past 5 months.